Hecate Energy believes in establishing beneficial, collaborative partnerships with communities that host our projects. By working closely with local stakeholders, we can tailor projects to maximize benefits and reduce impact.
- El Dorado Solar will provide long-term, sustainable revenue to support local and regional projects and services.
- Construction will create an estimated total of 499 jobs.
- Project operation will provide direct employment for eight fulltime jobs annually.
- An estimated $93.9 million in direct, indirect, and induced economic impacts will be provided by the project to Butler and Sedgewick Counties.
The solar-powered electricity generated by the El Dorado Solar Farm will offset generation from conventional emission producing sources, contributing to improved air quality and combatting climate change.
- Capable of safely supplying enough renewable electricity per year to power over 125,000 average Kansas households, more than enough energy to power the entire county.
- Energy from El Dorado Solar Farm is projected to offset nearly 432,594 metric tons of CO2 emissions per year – that is equivalent to taking over 96,265 average cars off the road.
- The project will diversify the energy mix of the region and enhance the reliability and resilience of the power grid serving Butler and Sedgewick Counties.
Employment & Economic Opportunities
El Dorado Solar’s investment will result in nearly $84 million in area economic stimulus including jobs created during construction and operations that will benefit local and regional building trades, restaurants, lodging, gas stations, and stores.
- Construction will create 499 local jobs and generate economic activity that will benefit area businesses.
- Solar farms have the potential to attract regional business development that are seeking to build large-scale manufacturing facilities powered by renewable energy.
- Utility-scale solar projects can be built more economically than smaller facilities, producing savings that can reduce the overall price of electricity.
- Solar power can moderate electricity prices year-round, but it is especially effective during high-prices summer peaks.
Clean Renewable Energy
Solar energy’s many attributes, including clean, quiet, emission-free electricity generation, make it the fastest-growing form of electric generation in the U.S. today.